At USA Appliance Guide we have it very clear: staying hydrated is essential, both in your day-to-day life and when you practice sports. For this reason, we should not face any sporting challenge or want to improve in our training if we do not take care of our hydration.
But beware: drinking enough water will be much easier if we have a quality bottle that you can take with you everywhere. And, for this reason, I declare myself an enemy of cheap plastic bottles that are not created to be reused.
The advantages of using reusable water bottles are many: not only are they more profitable, but they also help us respect the environment, reduce our consumption of plastic, and, as a consequence, our environmental footprint. And, of course, they are the most comfortable for sports such as cycling or bodybuilding.
There is a huge variety of water bottles for sports, and although they all seem the same, there are differences that we must take into account to make a good purchase.
In this post, I will recommend the best water bottles that you can use for your workouts. Don’t miss out on these offers!
Why you need to stay hydrated in your day-to-day life
Water is necessary for the body to carry out all its basic functions without problems. It helps us with the digestion of food and the elimination of waste from our bodies.
When we talk about sport, it is much more common to know the benefits of good hydration: it increases the performance of our body, balances our electrolytes, and helps us both physically and mentally.
But we will not only find benefits in sports with sufficient water intake. Drinking the right amount of water will also allow you to:
- You will avoid fatigue
- You will reduce headaches caused by dehydration
- Your skin will look more beautiful, thanks to increased elasticity
- You will keep your body temperature regulated
- Your immune system will work better
- You will reduce the risk of cancer and heart problems
- Will contribute to weight loss
How much water should I drink a day?
Today it is considered that the ideal daily water consumption is two liters per person. However, this value is referential and not necessarily exact for each one of us.
The reason for this is that each body is different and does not have the same hydration needs. If you want to know how much water you should drink per day, you must divide your weight (in kg) by 7. The result will be the number of glasses of water you should drink daily.
But, in addition, some situations can increase the recommended daily water consumption above the average: this is the case of athletes who exercise regularly, or pregnant women, whose consumption should be higher.
Science in a Sports water bottle
I will start with this cycling bottle that we can use comfortably for any sport because it is designed to be ergonomic and carry water without the risk of leaks.
In addition, it also allows us to introduce sports supplements inside, with some guides to make sure that we mix the right amount of electrolytes or another supplement. It has a capacity of 800 milliliters, enough for most workouts.
Double-walled Aorin water bottle
This Aorin model is a stainless steel bottle that will give you durability, resistance, and hygiene. It has an airtight screw cap that prevents leaks. It is ideal for daily use and very easy to wash.
Currently, it is one of the best-selling products, and with a high positive rating by users who have bought and tried it.
Most users agree that the features of this bottle give it excellent value for money. Undoubtedly, a model that keeps what it promises, ideal for taking it out of the house and using it with all kinds of drinks.
KollyKolla Stainless Steel Water Bottle
This is a model with a five-star rating by users who have tried it.
It is an ecological thermos without BPA, with vacuum insulation, which can be used by children and adults without any problem.
In addition, it is ideal to be used in any activity, be it work, studies, or any sports discipline.
Users who have tried this product have referred to it as a practical, comfortable, and high-quality model. In addition, it preserves the temperature for long periods.
OMORC Fruit Infuser Sports Water Bottle
I also recommend this specialized designed OMORC bottle for making flavored water. It is made of Tritan plastic and is BPA-free. Its airtight, double-sealed design makes it a very safe, spill-free option.
This product generally has excellent ratings, thanks to its high quality, zero spillage, and efficient thermal function for a long time. Without a doubt, a very versatile and useful product.
Super Sparrow Sports Water Bottle
This practical and attractive bottle has been made of stainless steel, with a double wall. This feature allows you to isolate the liquid and prevent sweating from it.
This model allows you to take a drink of water from the spout, without having to remove the lid. However, it has an airtight seal to prevent unwanted spills.
Some users have stated that it is a practical and comfortable model, ideal to wear during sports practices. In addition, they point out that it is a durable and guaranteed model.
OMORC Stainless Steel Water Bottle
The last model that I show you is also from OMORC. It is a good water bottle designed with a double wall and vacuum insulation to keep the cold or heat.
In addition, it is scratch-resistant and BPA free. It is a model that adapts perfectly to all kinds of sports.
Why should I buy a reusable water bottle?
We have already discussed the benefits that being hydrated brings to your body. Above all, to guarantee its correct operation.
Water bottles help us follow a good water intake routine. Not only because they are always accessible, but also because they help us regulate the amount of water we drink daily.
This last one is very important. Drinking large amounts of water in a short time can cause health problems such as kidney failure, headaches, and increased sweating.
The sports bottle is a very cheap and sustainable way of consuming water that will help us to have good consumption habits.
Types of reusable water bottles
To choose the best sports water bottle, you must first know all the types that exist in the market. In this way, your selection will be more accurate, and will effectively meet your needs and budget:
Depending on the sports activity
I especially highlight three sports where hydration is essential:
- Gym water bottles. They are very easy to carry and use thanks to their practical hand-held design. They have a mouthpiece specially designed to take a drink quickly.
- Cycling water bottles. These are commonly called drums. They are perfectly designed to fit into bicycle bottle cages. These boats allow you to drink water without having to stop pedaling.
- Water bottles for trekking. Its metallic design allows for maintaining the temperature of the freshwater for a longer time. They are also known as thermal bottles.
According to the brand
- Aorin water bottles: They have an easy flow technology and double wall with insulation, considered one of the best in the market.
- OMORC water bottles: They are characterized by their easy cleaning, and shock resistance and are BPA-free. Some of its models have a fruit infuser.
- KollyKolla water bottles: This brand is distinguished by offering resistant, ecological and thermal stainless steel bottles.
- Super Sparrow water bottles: This brand offers double-wall vacuum insulation technology and a compact size in its designs. Ideal, to maintain the internal temperature of the liquid for many hours.
- Contigo water bottles: This is one of the preferred brands, thanks to its quality, practicality, and resistance.
- Nalgene water bottles: This brand is distinguished by offering safe, healthy, and comfortable bottle models.
- Landings water bottles: They are perfectly adapted to all kinds of sports activities, they are leak-proof and BPA-free.
Depending on the manufacturing material
- Glass: This is a very fragile option to be used during sports activities, so it is not recommended.
- Plastic: If you choose a plastic model, consider that it is free of contaminants. Opt for Tritan as it is BPA-free. In addition, it offers great resistance.
- Stainless steel thermos bottle: It is a safe material that does not allow contamination of the liquid. In addition, they are robust and durable over time.
- Aluminum: This material provides a lot of lightness, and they are also a cheap option. However, choose a model that gives you shock resistance.
- Glass: They are made of borosilicate glass that offers strength and durability. Although they are an option for delicate use, especially for sports activities.
According to its functionality
- Thermal water bottles: They can maintain temperatures in the long term, whether cold or hot. They are also known as “thermos”.
- Flexible sports water bottles: They are collapsible, compressible, and leak-proof, ideal for outdoor activities, thanks to their easy filling.
- With spout or without spout? This characteristic will depend on the comfort generated by one or another model. Above all, from the hygienic aspect.
- With water filter: For the most demanding, this option guarantees the purity of the liquid you will drink, thanks to the fact that it includes purifiers in its design.
- With Brita filter: Contains a filter that minimizes limescale and chlorine in the water.
- With active carbon filter: Its design includes an active carbon filter that minimizes odor, chlorine, and bacteria.
- Ionized water bottle: This functionality guarantees your consumption of naturally filtered, ionized, and alkaline water, which will improve your health and well-being.
- Water bottles with fruit infuser: Thanks to its design with holes, it prevents seeds from leaking, while the fruit provides the smell and flavor of the water.
- Sports water bottles with music: This is a model that includes a speaker system, with Bluetooth, ideal for listening to music while connecting it with any mobile device or tablet.
- Smart sports water bottles: They have additional features that facilitate your activities. For example, a reminder to drink water, counter, connectivity, notifications, and more.
How to choose the ideal water bottle?
Choosing a reusable water bottle could be a difficult task. Since it is required to know certain essential aspects that allow us to make a correct decision. Next, I will show you some of the most important:
Example of a sports water bottle with 650 ml capacity. With filter, without BPA. Click on the image to activate the offer on Amazon
The capacity of the bottle will depend on the autonomy you have while using it. That is, as many times as you have to refill it during the day to stay hydrated, but at the same time, it does not become a very heavy element to carry with you.
The ideal capacity is between 500 ml and 1000 ml (1L) since it allows you to drink water for several hours and you do not have to refill it every few minutes.
Functionality and versatility
Choosing a refillable or reusable water bottle makes it a very versatile element that will make your day-to-day life easier. In addition to the conversation about the environment!
If the bottle is also isothermal, you will be able to maintain the temperature for a long time (cold or hot). That it has filters is also a success when buying a bottle since it keeps the water free of bacteria, lime, or other minerals.
The design is a fundamental element since it will even depend on it that its cleaning is simple and easy. But, in case you are an athlete, it could adapt perfectly to your bike, or have a quick water outlet spout.
If you will use it to take it to your studies or work, a model with a dispensing lid will surely suit you. A collapsible design will make your move almost imperceptible since it does not take up space.
We recommend you first think about what you need your bottle for and then choose the design.
The manufacturing material determines the weight, hygiene, and resistance of the bottle. Even consider that the material with which it has been manufactured does not contribute to environmental damage or contain BPA.
If you do not want the temperature of the liquid to change due to external contact with the bottle, you should opt for a model with thermal insulation. An element that should not be missing in the bottle you choose.
Ease of cleaning
Choose a model that is easy to clean, since this will depend on the fact that it does not accumulate bacteria after use. Some models come with a cleaning brush that makes this process much easier and more efficient.
I hope you liked my post about sports water bottles. Please, if this has been the case, or if you have any questions, do not hesitate to let me know in the comments. Until next time!