Make cleaning your home more comfortable and faster. Take a look at the comparison of the best-selling upright vacuum cleaners and see the best rated
An upright vacuum cleaner also called a broom vacuum cleaner due to its ergonomic design, allows us to forget about sweeping by hand. It is the ideal option to leave parquet, tiled, or carpeted floors spotless quickly. And, if it is a 2-in-1 model with HEPA filters, even more so. The reason? It will also help us to remove dust, pet hair, and general dirt from tables, windows, and sofas. Even from car upholstery if it is wireless or has an adapter!
All these virtues are brought together by the Rowenta Air Force Serenity RH9152, the best cordless broom vacuum cleaner due to some of its features and, of course, the excellent ratings given by its users. Special mention also deserves the Philips SpeedPro. It is an upright vacuum cleaner with great autonomy that incorporates an LED light to see the hidden dust and dirt. Two alternatives are as different as practical inside the home.
Philips Upright Vacuum Broom
The SpeedPro cordless vacuum broom provides fast and precise cleaning thanks to its 180º suction brush that collects dirt even in the most difficult areas, such as in corners or around furniture. Among its features, its 30 minutes of autonomy and its two-speed positions stand out. In addition, it incorporates a practical LED light to see hidden dust and dirt, while the design of its bucket allows it to be emptied without creating clouds of dust. Includes accessories such as the power adapter, crevice tool, integrated brush, and a wall mount base.
The assessment of this vacuum broom from the prestigious Philips brand is 4.4 out of 5. Alejandro bought it through Amazon and every day that passes he is happier with the purchase: “This Philips vacuum broom has absolutely nothing to envy to the Duson, absolute queens of the market. Light, with exquisite mobility, easy to empty the tank, good battery, power… all are advantages!”
A more versatile and economical proposal is offered by what, according to the opinions of Amazon customers, is the best vertical vacuum cleaner of the AEG brand. His average grade reaches 4.4 out of 5 and he has 65% of the maximum grades. For example, Encarni states about it that “it is a 2-in-1 broom vacuum cleaner, that is, it can be used as a vertical vacuum cleaner and as a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner”. Meanwhile, Merche puts focuses on the fact that “her pet brush is the hand of a saint. I have a fabric sofa and my cat’s hair is no longer a problem thanks to it”.
Here we are talking about a cordless broom vacuum cleaner with a 2-in-1 function. This allows you to use it on the sofa, the table, or the window rails, holding it comfortably with its ergonomic handle. Then, to vacuum the floor, simply attach it to the vertical structure. It has a motorized brush with a 180º rotation system and another specifically for pet hair. In addition, it incorporates two wheels at its base to maneuver more easily. The TurboPower battery provides 45 minutes of autonomy at full power, while its LED lights serve to illuminate the darkest corners. It emits only 79 dB at full capacity, has a self-cleaning system, and has a 0.5-liter capacity tank.
Rowenta RH9152 Air Force Serenity
With 4.1 out of 5 and 55% 5-star ratings, this is the best Rowenta upright vacuum cleaner for buyers on Amazon. Zaida tells us about it that “it offers almost an hour of autonomy, more than enough time to clean the floor of my entire house (100 m2)”. On her side, Laura indicates that “it seems quite silent to me. Certainly my dog is less scared when he uses it than when he used my old stick vacuum.”
This cordless, bagless cyclonic upright vacuum provides 55 minutes of runtime for every 6 hours of charging. It emits only 77 dB of noise at full capacity and has a removable 0.5-liter clean emptying tank. In addition, its power can be adjusted at three speeds. Special mention deserves its Delta Slim motorized brush. Its wheels, its flattened design, and its triangular shape allow it to easily access even the most difficult corners. It can also be stored vertically thanks to the parking position.
Taurus Ultimate Lithium
The best vertical vacuum cleaner of the Taurus brand according to the comments of Amazon customers stands out, as Ariadna expresses, “for its excellent value for money and its versatility”. Special mention should also be made of Sergio’s review, who tells us that “I have always been allergic to dust” and that “this broom vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter allows me to clean without my skin itching or irritation appearing”. In total, its average rating is 3.9 out of 5 and it reaches 49% of the maximum ratings.
The Turbo Brush motorized brush of this vertical vacuum cleaner is perfectly adapted to parquet, carpet, tile, and, in general, all types of floors. In addition, the Cyclone System cyclonic technology guarantees the separation of air from dirt and provides greater performance to the device. It has an interchangeable 22.2 V lithium battery and LED lights to detect dust in dark areas, such as under the sofa. It only weighs 2 kg, which makes it very manageable, and it has a 0.65-liter tank.
The P11 vacuum cleaner is equipped with a powerful 450W brushless motor that can generate a very high suction power to perform maximum cleaning, reaching every corner of your house. With 3 different power levels, this electric broom is very versatile, it can be used in different environments such as the carpet, the sofa, or curtains, but also on a portable keyboard. Also, the mop tank can suck and wash at the same time.
Everything is easy since its wall charger helps keep the vacuum cleaner cordless and takes up less space. Its special toothed-shaped brush is perfect if you have pets at home since it can cut their hair, preventing it from getting tangled and jamming the roller. And, as if that were not enough, it can perceive when it is vacuuming a carpet, automatically increasing the suction power without the need for you to program it manually.
Rowenta Air Force 360 RH9046 MAX
Rowenta introduces the Air Force Max 360 bagless cordless stick vacuum, packed with top features like a Power Slim Vision LED suction head with unsurpassed performance and agility, so you can enjoy effortless cleaning. . It can also become a hand, floor, and car vacuum cleaner wherever you want. It has a range of 30 minutes and a high-performance digital motor with normal and turbo functions and is suitable for all types of floors.
Rowenta Air Force 360 Max RH9046 has accessories for slots and perfect upholstery to complete the cleaning of your home efficiently and specifically. Its high-performance Power Slim Vision head features an LED motorized brush for increased visibility when cleaning in low-light areas, like under furniture. Rated 4.4 out of 5 on Amazon.
How to choose a broom vacuum cleaner?
Before buying an upright vacuum cleaner, it is necessary to consider a series of aspects to ensure that we choose the perfect model:
- Motor power – Powerful upright vacuums feature motors rated at 100W or more. This figure is ideal for the domestic environment.
- Energy efficiency: only the best stick vacuums offer A+++ energy efficiency. This factor is very important considering that these are devices with high power consumption.
- The capacity of the dirt container: the dust containers of these devices are, on average, 0.5 liters. However, based on the opinions on vertical vacuum cleaners analyzed, this figure is a bit low to clean an entire home. It is better to opt for a model with between 0.7 and 1-liter capacity.
- Wireless or wired? Cheap corded vacuum cleaners are usually cheaper and more powerful but offer less freedom of movement as they depend on the proximity of plugs. For this reason, cordless electric brooms are usually a better option.
- Weight: the priority of broom vacuum cleaners is manageability and functionality. Therefore, a model weighing more than 3.5 kg should not be chosen.
- Battery autonomy: in the case of choosing a cordless broom vacuum cleaner, we must make sure that its autonomy is greater than 30 minutes. If not, it will be almost impossible for us to have time to clean the entire home with a single charge.
- Better if it is 2 in 1: vertical vacuum cleaners whose suction device can be removed to act as a handheld vacuum cleaner are more versatile and useful. They can even be used to vacuum the car.
- The storage system: Today, it is possible to find a foldable upright vacuum cleaner or one that can be hung on the wall. This issue is important when it comes to saving space.
- The brushes: literally the more the merrier. Buying a cheap vertical vacuum cleaner with brushes for textiles, sofas, and corners is a possibility within everyone’s reach.
- The extras: this is one of the aspects that most influence the price of upright vacuum cleaners. However, having LED lights to illuminate dark corners, battery charge status indicators, and wall hook systems are often worth the extra expense.
- The filters: first of all, you have to know if the filters used are disposable or do they have to be cleaned periodically. In addition, we must bear in mind that the best vertical vacuum cleaners for people allergic to dust are those that include a HEPA filter that purifies the air.
The best broom vacuum cleaner according to the OCU
The Organization of Consumers and Users (OCU) is one of the most reputable and prestigious entities in our country. Its analyzes and product comparisons are very useful for many people when choosing one model or another.
The best upright vacuum according to the OCU is the Dyson V11 Absolute Pro. It is a high-end model equipped with cyclonic technology and whose suction device can be removed to be used as a handheld vacuum cleaner. It has a dust container and HEPA filter and does not have a bag. Its weight is only 3,055 kilograms and it has a very ergonomic design. In addition, it is a broom vacuum cleaner with LED lights that has brushes for carpets, furniture, upholstery, and corners. Its battery is of great autonomy and recharges in a few hours through a practical vertical charging station. In addition, it offers the guarantee of having been designed by one of the best upright vacuum cleaner brands on the market.
What is an upright vacuum cleaner?
An upright vacuum cleaner is a powerful suction-cleaning device. It differs from a canister vacuum cleaner, a robot vacuum cleaner, or any other type of vacuum cleaner in that it is shaped like a broom to facilitate its use. Specifically, it is made up of the following parts:
- Structure: this type of ergonomic vacuum cleaner has a support similar in shape to a broom handle. This is the reason why it is also known as a broom vacuum cleaner.
- Suction device: it is responsible for sucking in air and absorbing dirt. It is attached to a dust container and a bag or several filters. In some cases, it can be removed to be used as a handheld vacuum for cars, sofas, etc.
- Head: it is the element that comes into direct contact with the floor, the carpet, or any other surface that you want to clean. There are specially designed for the collection of liquids and solids.
The upright vacuum cleaner is like an electric broom to clean and vacuum more comfortably and accurately
In addition, it is an ultra-light and portable type of vacuum cleaner that is very easy to handle and can be conveniently stored in any broom or cleaning cupboard.
Read another article about Cordless broom vacuum cleaners buying guide
Types of upright vacuum cleaners
There are different types of vertical vacuum cleaners, which must be differentiated according to a series of criteria:
Corded or Cordless Upright Vacuum Cleaners
- Corded Electric Broom: These are upright vacuum cleaners with strong suction but need to be plugged into a socket to work. This results in greater power but less mobility.
- Cordless Broom: These are upright vacuum cleaners with a rechargeable lithium battery, portable and with a charging station. When they are not being used, they must be connected to the said station to charge. They provide a reduced autonomy of use that, in most cases, does not reach an hour, but in exchange, they offer full freedom of movement and eliminate the dependence on plugs and the problems associated with the length of the cable.
Upright vacuum cleaners with dust container or bag
- Broom vacuum cleaners with removable dust containers: they are the vertical vacuum cleaners recommended for people with allergies since they have inside, beyond a container for dirt, HEPA, and foam filters. They are also considered the best anti-mite broom vacuum cleaners.
- Upright-bagged vacuum cleaners – Although they still exist, they are getting harder and harder to find. They have a reusable or disposable bag that retains dirt and must be cleaned by the user after each use.
2-in-1 or simple upright vacuum cleaners
- 2-in-1 Electric Brooms – This type is unique to battery-powered upright vacuums. Specifically, they have a removable suction device that, outside the support, can be used as a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner to access those corners that the broom vacuum cleaner has not been able to reach. They are the best upright vacuum cleaners for those who want to save space and have the most versatile device possible.
- Simple vertical vacuum cleaners: they have the suction device integrated into the structure, so they can only be used as broom vacuum cleaners.
Upright steam or cyclonic vacuum cleaners
- Steam broom vacuum cleaners: they are the professional quintessential industrial vertical vacuum cleaners, although they can also be found in the domestic sphere. They include a water tank that emits jets of steam during vacuuming to remove the most difficult stains and provide a perfect finish.
- Vertical cyclone vacuum cleaner: this technology was reserved, until not long ago, for the best broom vacuum cleaners. However, today it is possible to find good deals on cyclonic upright vacuums easily. It guarantees greater suction power and that this is not progressively lost as the dirt container fills.
To this, we must also add that both systems are compatible and that they can be found in many intelligent broom-type vacuum cleaners.
Considerations to take into account before buying an upright vacuum cleaner
Before launching ourselves into a specific broom vacuum cleaner, we must analyze the characteristics of our home and the use that we are going to make of it. For example, it is not the same to pick up fluff from a tiled, wooden, or parquet floor as from a carpet or rug. In these last cases, we will require more power and special brushes.
On the other hand, if we have a home with two floors or more, a vertical shoulder strap vacuum cleaner can be very useful for vacuuming high areas as well. These devices have a strap that allows us to hang them on our backs and use them in the opposite position than usual.
In addition, if we choose a broom vacuum cleaner with a water tank and a steam function, we can, at the same time, remove dirt from the floor, scrub it and mop it so that it finishes perfectly. This feature is often referred to as the EasyClean system and is usually exclusive to the best vacuum brooms on the market.
Reasons to buy an upright vacuum cleaner
It doesn’t matter if we prefer corded or cordless upright vacuum cleaners, large or mini vacuum cleaners… There are many reasons why buying a stick vacuum cleaner is a wise decision:
Added to the well-known advantages of the broom are comfort, great autonomy, suction power, and greater effortless cleaning.
- They are light and easy to handle: they are the very image of what a comfortable vacuum cleaner should be.
- Great versatility: they can adapt to all types of surfaces, from hard floors to carpets.
- High performance: cyclonic technology has achieved efficiency results comparable to other more traditional types of vacuum cleaners such as canister vacuums.
- They take up very little space: and are therefore conveniently stored.
- Easy to clean and maintain: in less than 5 minutes it is possible to have them ready for a new use.
Pros and cons of upright vacuum cleaners
After making this comparison of vertical vacuum cleaners, it has become quite clear to us that these devices have many advantages, but also some drawbacks. Here we are going to see them:
Advantages of upright vacuum cleaners
- These are manual vacuum cleaners that are very easy to use due to their ergonomic design similar to that of a broom.
- There are cordless upright vacuum cleaners that provide great freedom of movement.
- These home vacuums store easily and can even be hung on the wall.
- Many upright vacuum cleaners are 2-in-1, that is, they can be used as stick vacuum cleaners or as handheld vacuum cleaners if the suction device is removed from the bracket.
- The best upright vacuums clean very easily.
Disadvantages of upright vacuum cleaners
- The dust container of broom vacuum cleaners is usually quite small.
- Although today it is possible to find a silent vacuum cleaner of this type, the truth is that most models emit a lot of noise.
How to properly clean an upright vacuum cleaner?
Even the best upright vacuum cleaners require a series of cleaning and maintenance tasks to perform optimally and have a long life. Here we want to explain how to do them:
- Upright vacuum cleaners with a bag: in this case, you have to remove the brush to access the bag, which acts as a filter and is responsible for retaining dirt. Then, you have to remove it by pulling the plates and shaking them in the garbage can. To remove the lint and traces of dirt that have remained in it, just use a brush. Water should never be used in this case! Finally, it will only be necessary to reassemble everything.
- Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaners – This type of household power broom features a HEPA, foam, or mesh filter. In any case, the steps to follow to remove said filter are the same as those described above. They must be cleaned with a brush or with water whenever they are left to dry for a long time. In addition, dirt must also be removed from the tank and housing using a damp cloth.
- Upright vacuum cleaners with a water filter: This is the ideal type for vacuuming liquids. It has a washable HEPA filter and a water filter that prevents impurities from reaching the motor. This water filter must be cleaned after each use to prevent it from growing mold. To do this, it is necessary to remove it, rub it with a soft sponge, and let it dry for 24 hours. It is also essential to do the same with the baffle plate.
With all this information, you are one step closer to buying the best upright vacuum for your specific needs.
Leave a Comment