Cleaning burned bottoms of pans or very dirty outsides is a tedious task for most people. But there are several very simple tricks to clean them effortlessly. Take note!
We all have a burnt pan at home that there is no way to clean, until now. Because we show you some little tricks to clean a burnt pan in a short time and with little effort, also with natural products.
And it is that sometimes we have the solution at home and we do not know how to use it. For this reason, because we know that cleaning burned pans is a very tedious task, we offer you some tips to recover the shine of its surface. In addition, you must know that cleaning the pans with the wrong products can accelerate their deterioration. With that said, let’s get started!
Tips for cleaning a burnt pan
As we have said, using inappropriate products or very abrasive sponges is not the best option to remove stuck residues that do not come out with conventional detergent. Therefore, before mistreating our pans, it is convenient that you read these homemade methods that will help to leave them impeccable in a matter of minutes. Take note and do not miss any detail.
1. White vinegar and baking soda
You may not know it, but both white vinegar and baking soda have multiple applications in household cleaning. In this particular case, they remove the remains of the pans, leaving their surface clean and shiny.
The amounts you should use of these ingredients to clean a burnt pan are ½ cup of white vinegar (125 ml), one cup of water (250 ml), and two tablespoons of baking soda (30 g). For best results, follow these steps:
- First, pour the white vinegar over the burned pan.
- Add the water and bring it to a boil.
- Next, remove the pan from the heat and add the baking soda. It will start to react with an effervescent effect, which will make the dirt come off easily.
- Then, rub with the sponge of the scourer and discard the burned remains.
- Lastly, if there is any residue stuck, rub over it with dry baking soda.
2. Potato and coarse salt
It may seem strange to you, but it is possible to clean a burnt pan with a potato and coarse salt. It is a combination of 100% natural exfoliating ingredients that, thanks to its texture, removes sticking without damaging the surface of the pans.
The ingredients needed to enjoy this trick are a raw potato, a tablespoon of coarse salt (10 g), and a teaspoon of olive oil (5 g). When you have everything ready, you just have to follow these instructions:
- To start, cut the potato in half.
- Then, rinse the pan and remove as much of the stuck-on debris as you can.
- Next, it is time to sprinkle the coarse salt on the surface of the pan.
- Now, instead of rubbing with a scourer, do it using the cut potato. Scrub over the surface for a few minutes using circular movements.
- Then remove the waste with water.
- To finish, pour the teaspoon of olive oil and spread it over the entire surface to protect your pans.
3. Coarse salt and aluminum foil
This trick is recommended for cleaning a burnt pan, especially an iron one. Its use does not wear out the surface and allows you to remove the remains of food that are stuck over time.
It is very simple and you only need a tablespoon of coarse salt (10 g) and a piece of aluminum foil. If you already have it prepared, these are the instructions you must follow to leave your pan impeccable:
- The first thing you will have to do is sprinkle the tablespoon of salt on the surface of the pan.
- Next, make a ball with the aluminum foil and use it to rub the burned areas until the foil is dark.
- To conclude, rinse and clean with your usual dishwasher.
4. Baking soda and lemon
Baking soda has an astringent power that will help you remove grease residues and stuck-on food that affect the surface of the pans every time we use them. But also, combined with lemon, it easily removes burnt remains.
As in the previous cases, you only need two ingredients that we all have at home, which are two tablespoons of baking soda (20 g) and half a lemon. These are the steps you must follow to clean a burnt pan with this remedy:
- First of all, spread the baking soda over the pan.
- Then, take the half lemon and rub it all over the surface.
- Scrub for a few minutes until the pan takes on its original shiny appearance.
- If the stains do not completely disappear, heat it with a little vinegar and repeat the process.
5. Clean a frying pan with Coca-Cola
Yes, you read that right, you can clean a pan with Coca-Cola, just like many other things. This trick is also very simple, you will see how your pans look like new. These are the instructions you must follow:
- First, add a cup of Coke to the pan.
- Next, heat the pan over low heat for 40 to 60 minutes.
- After this time, remove the pan from the heat and rub with the scourer sponge on the burned part until it is completely removed.
Our advice is to never use chemical products to clean the inside of stainless steel pans, especially non-stick ones, as you will remove their protective layer, and they will not cook as well as they did at first.
Anything that is abrasive products is also not recommended for the inside of the pan. As for the base, there is no problem, as it is designed to withstand high temperatures and, therefore, resist aggressive products.
Read another article about recommendations for cleaning a burnt pan