These kitchen items offer us a wide variety of uses and functionalities to monopolize all our preparations. These pots not only cook but also lend themselves very well to boiling or frying. They have a large capacity and excellent performance.
If you want a product that allows you to do several things at once, you’ve found it. Small express pots are very compact products, easy to store and place in any corner of your home. Do you want to know more about them? We invite you to continue reading.
The most important
- With a small pressure cooker cooking your meals, vegetables, fried foods, meat, and fish can be really easy. Especially if you live alone or as a couple.
- Before deciding on your acquisition, you should know how to use them, which are the most outstanding, how to clean them properly, and more.
- Among the criteria that differentiate small pressure cookers from each other are their capacity, their components, and multi-functionality. As well as the material they are made of and the possibility of managing the temperature.
The best small pressure cooker: our recommendations
Next, we will show you some brands and models of small pressure cookers. For our selection, we emphasized a series of elementary conditions that characterize these pots. The products found here have passed our standards of excellence and that of the users. Pay attention!
Prestige PRP2 PRESSURE COOKER
- Prestige Popular uses the best quality virgin aluminum with stronger lugs and a thick base to give your cooker a safe and long life.
- Sleeker handles allow for better grip.
- Available in various sizes of cooking capacities for all sizes of families.
- Comes with a set of safety features like GRS (Gasket Release System) and MSP (Metallic Safety Plug).
- ISI is certified and also confirms all international standards.
- Sleeker handles allow for better grip.
- Note: Kindly refer to the user manual before use
Prestige Deluxe Stainless Steel Baby Handi Pressure Cooker
- Please enter the model number above to make sure this fits.
- Prestige stainless steel kitchens use the best quality stainless steel with stronger studs
- Thick bottoms give your kitchen a safe and long life.
- It comes with a first-time 2-in-1 safety device called a pi pressure indicator
- Designed to give you more body capacity compared to a normal pressure cooker outer lid
- Allows “separation cooking”, a more hygienic way of cooking to retain the nutritional value and flavor of food
- ISI certified – conforms to international quality standards
HAWKIN Classic 1.5-Liter New Improved Aluminum Pressure Cooker
- This awesome little Hawkins pressure cooker is great for quick side dishes, apartment living, camping, motor homes
- Made from commercially pure, virgin aluminum; mirror-polished
- Features a ‘goof-proof’ lid that seals from the inside like a jetliner door, ensuring greater safety
- The inside fitting lid opens only when pressure falls Stay cool handles
- Pressure is regulated automatically to optimum levels for speed cooking
Ekco Pot Express Classic Traditions 8 Liters
- The 8-liter Ekco Express Cooker allows you to cook healthily, preserving the nutrients in the food.
- Pressure Regulator, Double Action Safety Valve, Pressure Indicator, Safety Padlocks, and Closing Stop.
- Ekco cooker allows you to save gas and time since food cooks up to 10 times faster.
- The Ekco 8-liter express pot is made of 100% aluminum, the best conductor of heat.
- The warranty is against manufacturing defects and is under normal use.
Shopping guide: What you should know about small pressure cookers
The ideal pressure cooker for your home should solve all your problems. In this section, we will tell you some aspects that you should analyze and take into account about the benefits and implications of having this product.
What is the small pressure cooker used for?
The small express pots are very useful for different uses that you want to give them. Most models offer the possibility of performing several functions. These include cooking vegetables or eggs, boiling large liters of water, frying food, and working as a yogurt maker. Also, the versatility of this appliance allows you to include food in small or medium pieces, which normally take time to cook. Just adjust its operation to your food and, in a matter of minutes, you can prepare your recipes in the blink of an eye.
What are the advantages of having a small pressure cooker?
Next, we explain all the advantages derived from small pressure cookers, as well as their disadvantages. Logically, no product is free to enjoy both:
⇒ Preserve the nutritional value of food
⇒ You save water
⇒ Save time preparing your meals
⇒ You save energy by using it for various things
⇒ Save money by using the different functions
⇒ Don’t need a lot of firepower
⇒ You can customize and adjust options on your digital panel
⇒ Easy cleaning
⊗ The material is steel, which may leave a taste
⊗ Small explosions can be generated if misused
⊗ Pressure release is a bit risky
⊗ Must know how to handle digital
⊗ There are multiple cooking times to choose from
How do you use a small pressure cooker?
A small pressure cooker can be used to prepare dishes such as stews. For that, first place the vegetables or meats that you are going to use inside the pot. Then cover the ingredients with the amount of water you want and close with the cover lid. Then, you must choose the cooking option and the time you want to cook the vegetables and meats. Place the small pressure cooker on the fire or, if it is electric, plug it into a power outlet. A few hours later, it will begin to give off steam and the appliance will tell you when the cooking is ready.
What kind of small pressure cooker is there?
There are 3 types of small pressure cookers on the market. These differ from each other by their operation and characteristics. Among them are the following:
pressure cooker vs. pressure cooker, what’s the difference?
Pressure cookers are characterized by their turnable handle, which allows the pressure contained inside the pots to be released. These pots are hooked by the handles and release an average pressure of 0.5 bar. When the cooking is done, it will make a sound or whistle. On the other hand, the express pots are faster, they have a lid without an adjustable handle to the pot and their closure is manual. In addition, they are mostly digital and have programmable buttons so you can choose the temperature level and so on.
It is important not to fill the pot with more than 2/3 of its capacity so that there is enough space for air and steam.
How to clean my small pressure cooker?
- To proceed with the cleaning of your small pressure cooker, you must follow the following basic steps: Separate the pieces of the pot.
- Use a dishwasher to clean the inside and outside of the pressure cooker.
- Clean the duct where the steam comes out.
- After rinsing the parts with plenty of water, you must be careful when drying them, so as not to damage the valves.
- You can use slightly damp cloths to dry and remove the stains that are impregnated inside.
All brands offer various models of small pressure cookers. Its characteristics are highly relevant criteria when advancing our purchase decision. For this reason, below, we leave you some factors that you should analyze before taking the last step toward your small pressure cooker.
Read another article about the Rice cooker cleaning method
The small express pots, saving the differences between the brands, are made up of the following materials:
- Stainless Steel: A classic material in kitchen pots, due to its durability and resistance to high temperatures. In addition, due to its composition, it does not receive any damage from falls or blows, nor does it deteriorate.
- Aluminum: It is the material with which most cutlery is made. It stands out for being non-stick, preventing your preparations from sticking to the walls of your pot. Its weak point is that it does not allow the temperature to be maintained, so the food can be cooled.
- Copper: One of the most difficult materials to find on the market. It is often confused with stainless steel due to its similar appearance. The main advantage of copper is that it is the thickest material of all and allows the heat to be distributed inside the pot.
On average, the capacities of the small pressure cooker vary according to the liters. The smallest sizes are 2.5 liters, ideal for 1 or 2 people. The largest sizes cover 8 or 10 liters, perfect for family groups.
In this sense, the most common capacity found is 6 liters, which offers a performance suitable for 6 diners. The number of liters should not be covered in its entirety, because steam will also be generated inside the pot.
In the following table, we will show you the different components that your small pressure cooker can have. Depending on the brands, some include more accessories or additions than others:
The small express pots offer the possibility of carrying out several types of preparation in the same kitchen instrument. Among them, we can find:
- Cooking: You can prepare different meats and foods such as pork, duck, rabbit, and chicken. The cooking time of these meats will depend on the size of the pieces incorporated. However, on average, it is estimated that it would be ready in 15 or 20 minutes.
- Fry: You can fry fish and chicken to accompany meals prepared for the family. This can take between 8 and 12 minutes, maximum, depending on the size of the pieces that are added to the pot.
- Prepare soups and more: You can vary the menu options, incorporating soups or pasta, which will require, at most, between 20 and 30 minutes of cooking. If you accompany it with rice, it will take between 3 and 8 minutes more.
The pot must have a safety valve, to avoid excess pressure (some have an acoustic warning to know when to open it).
Steam levels influence the temperature level of our meals. For small express pots, the temperature levels themselves, thanks to its exhaust valve, through which the steam comes out from time to time.
In this way, the temperature level that is controlled is usually in a range between 115 and 117 °C. The amount of steam generated increases the pressure, but it is contained inside. In addition, you can modify what level of temperature you want from the control panel.
As you have seen, small express pots stand out as essential tools for all kitchens. It is an ideal, fast, and practical option to make meals using different cooking methods. Boiling, frying, or cooking are tasks that a small pressure cooker can accomplish without any impediment.
We have also listed a series of criteria and technical factors that you should consider when choosing the ideal pressure cooker. If you want to get the most out of your kitchen, you cannot afford to do without a pressure cooker.
Did our information help you? Dare to tell us and share this Shopping Guide with your friends and acquaintances.