Certain dishes could be prepared in a better way. This is where good options such as portable appliances can emerge. A great choice is the electric frying pan, a well-known kitchen utensil for preparing one of the star dishes in the united states. Yes, we are talking about paella.
You have to take into account the materials of this appliance and if the price is adequate for its benefits, among other criteria. However, many types of electric paella pans can be found on the market. Therefore, we have prepared a shopping guide to advise you.
The most important
- An electric frying pan is an appliance that you should have in your home if you are one of those people who likes to prepare food in several places. To choose the one that suits you best, you must know its main characteristics.
- It is very important to know what advantages it can provide you. In addition, we will give you ideas about some dishes that you can prepare with this useful appliance.
- There are criteria that you must take into account, such as capacity and multifunction. This can help you a lot in the preparation of your favorite dishes.
The best electric skillets: Our recommendations
Next, we have prepared a summary of the best electric frying pans that you can find on the market. Pay close attention to its features, so you can choose the model that best suits your needs.
Elite Gourmet Personal Stir Fry Griddle Pan
- Small compact size (7″ x 7″) perfect for small personal servings with a 32 oz. capacity.
- Easily control your cooking or warming of food with the temperature dial.
- The clip-on handle easily unlocks from the heating pan for easy cleaning and storage.
- The tempered glass lid with a cool-touch knob prevents cooking from platters or assists in keeping food warm.
- The Non-stick cooking surface is easy to clean and prevents food from sticking while cooking.
- Cook eggs, bacon, sausage, grilled cheese sandwiches, and a variety of other foods
- Item Shape: Square
Black + Decker Electric Skillet
- 1200 watts of power
- Non-stick wave surface
- Transparent glass lid
- Cool-touch lid handle
- Removable variable temperature control
- 1200 watts of power
- Non-stick wave surface
Ovente SK11112B Electric Skillet with Non-Stick Aluminum Body
- Cook your food to perfection with the Ovente 1400W Electric Portable Skillet.
- Spacious – 12-inch pan is large enough to make a family-size breakfast.
- Durable, Odorless Glass Cover – Includes tempered glass cover that handles high temperatures and steam without breaking.
- Comes with a non-stick coating that releases food easily and cleans food quickly.
- Cooking with the Ovente Electric Portable Skillet is made easy with its glass-covered handle and cool-touch handles that secure your grip and protect your hands.
TAURUS ODISEUS Nonstick Electric Skillet
- Removable 5-position temperature control to bring the pan directly to the table
- Cook with less fat with its non-stick coating that prevents food from sticking
- 2.5 Liter Capacity and 30 Cm Measurement
- Safety thermostat that prevents overheating and saves energy
- Refractory glass lid with steam release hole that concentrates heat inside
Read another article about What electric paella pan want to buy
Shopping Guide: What you should know about electric skillets
If you are thinking of purchasing an electric frying pan, you should inform yourself about what could be the best option that suits your needs. Next, we will provide you with all the details you need to know about this appliance, giving answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Why buy an electric skillet and what advantages and disadvantages does it offer?
The electric frying pan is a multifunctional kitchen utensil that will allow you to prepare a variety of different dishes in a single appliance. With this appliance, you can change the environment since it allows you to cook on a table or in the garden. This way you can avoid smoke and heat inside your home. Having this kitchen tool will allow you to prepare various dishes through electricity. Whether for weekends at a family gathering or a recreational afternoon, among many other occasions. Here are its main advantages and disadvantages:
⇒ Does not require an external heat source
⇒ It is multifunctional
⇒ Easy to clean
⇒ Fully portable
⇒ Minor use of oil for cooking
⇒ Offers different temperature levels for more variety when cooking
⊗ Some models are not compatible to be cleaned in the dishwasher
⊗ If there is no electricity, it cannot be used in kitchens.
⊗ You have to be aware of the cooking time
What is an electric frying pan used for and what elements is it made of?
It runs on current and can cook evenly and consistently. Therefore, the food will be uniform without you having to dedicate great effort. With an electric skillet, you can set different programs both in cooking time and temperatures. This way you will be able to adapt it to the amount you want to prepare. An electric paella pan differs from a ceramic hob and other types in general because it works independently. Also, you don’t require an external source of heat (such as stoves or induction). It is also made up of the following elements:
- Container: It is usually covered with a non-stick surface to prevent food from sticking.
- Thermostat: It is included and has a temperature regulator, so it allows you to adjust the heat.
- Lid: They are usually made of glass and allow you to control cooking.
- Power cable: It is plugged in for the appliance to work.
- Electrical resistance: It is responsible for heating the container and cooking the food.
- Heat-insulated handles: Help to move the electric paella pan safely after cooking.
- Exhaust valve: Responsible for the steam not accumulating inside the pan.
How to use an electric skillet?
- Using the electric saucepan is extremely simple. Therefore, we will tell you a series of steps that you must follow to use it correctly: Put the pan on a stable surface. It should be flat and heat-resistant.
- Connect the cable. You must connect the cable to both the product and the power outlet to ensure its power.
- Place the food. Place the food you are going to prepare in the saucepan. Depending on the type of food, the placement may vary.
- Add water. Proceed to add the amount of water needed to cook. Be careful not to exceed the height of the saucepan.
- Schedule the time. Sets the cooking time that a certain food requires through the handle or the control.
- Set the temperature. Also, determine the temperature level with which you will work.
- Stop cooking. Wait for the food to cook until the thermostat indicates that it has finished. Finally, unplug it from the power outlet.
What recipes or meals can be prepared with an electric skillet?
If you already have an electric frying pan, you can start to get the most out of it due to its multifunctionality. You have the possibility of preparing exquisite rice and noodles. In addition, you can grill vegetables, seafood, fish, and meat. Thanks to the power and amplitude provided by this appliance. In this case, you should not use the lid, since you will surely want the food done to its point. This is a great option for gatherings with friends and family.
With its lid and exhaust valve, you have the possibility of cooking rich meat and fish stews or the well-known one-pot spaghetti. Do they sound like you? In this recipe, the pasta is not cooked separately but is made by cooking the entire preparation in a single electric saucepan.
It needs a lot of liquid and spaghetti is the last thing added. Also, there are a lot of meals that you can prepare. Among them, three dishes stand out that you cannot miss: paella, pizza, and grilled steaks.
How to properly clean an electric skillet?
- There are models of electric paella pans that allow their parts to be washed in the dishwasher. Likewise, cleaning is basic and important to protect the useful life of this appliance. Next, we will detail the steps: First, you must remove the cable and the thermostat to prevent accidents when using water.
- Use a damp cloth to remove any remaining dirt from the pan.
- Proceed to use the same on the handles.
- Put a little liquid detergent on a non-scratch sponge or scouring pad and gently rub the surface of the container.
- Remove detergent residue using lukewarm water.
- Finally, dry it with a chamois. After that, you can save it.
An electric skillet or gas casserole: Which is the better option?
The electric paella pan handles several differences compared to a traditional or gas paella pan. In the following table we will see the main differences:
|Electric pan||Gas casserole|
|Portability||Can be used indoors and outdoors as long as there is a plug nearby||You need to transport cartridges or gas cylinders|
|Regulation||It has a safety thermostat that allows you to accurately control the cooking temperature.||It is more difficult to control the temperature|
|Cleaning||It cleans very easily||It is more complicated and laborious|
|Functionality||Can be multifunction||It only has one function|
In this section, we will let you know the most important criteria that you should pay attention to. Thus, you can make an intelligent purchase of an electric frying pan that suits your needs. These are:
You must take this aspect into account when choosing an electric paella pan since you have to be very clear about whether you will only need it for one type of food. If so, there will be no need for you to look for a model that offers more extra features. Since it will be more expensive and it is not worth it, since you will not use it.
If, on the other hand, you plan to use the electric saucepan daily, it is recommended that you look for a multifunctional model. Next, we will show you other functions that are commonly used:
- Casserole: This allows you to cook stews of all kinds.
- Grill: You can cook grilled foods such as steaks and grilled meat.
- Oven: This allows you to cook food such as bread or pizza.
- Frying pan: You can fry food thanks to its non-stick coating.
Their dimensions can vary greatly. Therefore, you must take into account what occasions you will use it for and how many people you are going to cook for. Given this, you can check the measurements of the surface of the electric paella pan. Several models do not specify exactly how many people it is intended for.
If you are looking for an electric saucepan for 4 people, it is recommended that it be at least 30 cm in diameter.
A small electric saucepan is ideal for making four servings. If you usually need more, it would be best to opt for a larger one. The larger the size of the electric skillet, the higher the capacity and the more people you can serve.
Since electric saucepans do not need oil to cook, the material that covers the base of the saucepan becomes very important. Therefore, try to choose a model that has a ceramic coating, Teflon, or some other non-stick component. With this choice, you can prevent food from sticking. In addition, it will give you greater durability than the electric paella pan.
Also, if the electric saucepan has a non-stick surface, you will only have to wipe it with a soft cloth to clean it. Therefore, you have to take a good look if it includes a good non-stick coating.
A good power will guarantee faster cooking of your food. In addition, it is proportional to the current it requires to work. So you can determine if it suits your needs. This factor is important, as this way you can work out how quickly you will prepare the food and the level of doneness you will get.
The best electric pans reach 2000 W of power. This will also mark the energy consumption of the appliance. It is advisable to choose a model whose energy ranges from 1200 W onwards.
If you are looking to obtain the best results with the preparation of the dishes, it is of the utmost importance that the electric saucepan has a thermostat. This will help you regulate the temperature easily.
Generally, they reach a maximum temperature of approximately 200 degrees Celsius. They usually range from 0 to 5, the latter being the most you can reach.
You must decide on a model that is suitable for washing in the dishwasher. In that case, you must have a removable thermostat, since the current part never has to get wet.
The thermostat is not removable, it is very important and preferable that the coating of the electric saucepan is non-stick. In this way, simply with a soft cloth, you can clean it without difficulty.
Having an electric frying pan will always be a good option. This artifact is made to facilitate the cooking process. As we have seen throughout the article, it has great features that can be very attractive. One of its most important advantages is its portability. Another is its multifunctionality since it allows you to prepare all kinds of meals.
The saucepans that exist on the market are very varied. There are even pans that are made of non-stick materials, which can allow you to clean them easily. Finally, consider the most important criteria when choosing your electric skillet.
If you liked our guide with recommendations, do not leave without leaving a comment or sharing on networks.